Executive Board Member (L) (2014-2017)
Years of Continuous Board Service: 2009-2016
Velocity Electronics, LP
2208 Energy Drive
Austin, TX 78758
Joined IDEA: 2008
Committee Participation: Vice Chair, IDEA-QMS-9090 Subcommittee (Standards); Quality Certification and Education
Activities and Notable Contributions:
• Provided nonconforming parts for IDEA Training Classes - 2007-2009
• Attended and presented at Annual Membership Meeting – October 2010
• Attended Boston Board Summit – October 2011
• Attended and presented at the 2012 State of the Association Meeting – May 2012
• Attended the 2013 State of the Association Meeting – April 2013
• Attended Houston Board Summit – March 2014
As Velocity Electronics’ VP of Quality and Operations, Jason is responsible for enhancing Velocity’s value to its customers and for Velocity’s quality and operational performance. He oversees the operation of Velocity's three Inspection and Distribution Centers (Austin, Singapore, Amsterdam), AS9120 and ISO 9001 certified business management system, AS6081 certified counterfeit avoidance and detection system, ISO 17020 accredited inspection protocol, ANSI/ESD S20.20 certified ESD program, ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 certified EH&S program, international trade compliance team, and logistical operations.
Prior to joining Velocity in 2001, Jason served for eight years in the United States Army, during which he commanded two tank companies. He earned his B.S. in management from the United States Military Academy at West Point and his MBA from the University of Texas at Austin's McCombs School of Business.