IDEA members are annually audited for compliance to the IDEA-QMS-9090, a Quality Management System that works in conjunction with ISO 9001 and AS9120 but provides independent distributors with a set of standards specifically tailored to the Independent Distributor industry. Certification to IDEA-QMS-9090 is designed to help independent distributors demonstrate their commitment to quality and to differentiate themselves from less reputable competitors.
Our IDEA members:
- Are certified to IDEA-QMS-9090 and maintain a demonstrated, sophisticated, and continually improving Quality Management System
- Are active in advancing the quality and ethical standards of the industry.
- Follow the inspection process of IDEA-STD-1010: the first and leading standard for the visual inspection of electronic components.
- Maintain a Moisture Sensitivity Level management program that is documented in its QMS and training programs.
- Hold at a minimum both ISO 9001 and ANSI/ESD S20.20. certifications.
- Agree to abide by the IDEA Code of Ethics
- Maintain Product Liability Insurance at a minimum of $1 million per incident and $2 million aggregate annually.
- Have at least one (1) IDEA-ICE-3000 Certified Professional Inspector at each inspection location around the world.
- Maintain a minimum equipment list as defined by IDEA-STD-1010
Visit IDEA to see our complete list of members and for more information.